HCL Bank House Financial Services Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are the data controller and will process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 as updated to enact the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) into UK Law and any national laws which relate to the processing of personal data (“data protection legislation”). Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding information we collect about visitors to our website.
Visitors to our Website
We may collect and process personal data about you in the following circumstances:
- whenever you provide information to us when reporting a problem with our website, making a complaint, making an enquiry or contacting us for any other reason. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- when you visit our website, we will retain details such as traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access (see section on Cookies below); and
- whenever you disclose your information to us, or we collect information from you in any other way, through our website.
We may also collect data in the following ways:
We may collect information about your device, including where available your Internet Protocol address, for reasons of fraud protection. We may also collect information about your device’s operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
- provide you with information, or services that you requested from us;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so;
- ensure that content from our website are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- improve our website and services;
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by you; and
- contact you for marketing purposes where you have signed up for these
Google Analytics is used to analyse the use of this website and generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
In mac OS High Sierra visit https://support.apple.com/en-ae/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
For iOS devices https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.
Our website may contain links to and from the websites of third parties. Please note that if you follow a link to any of these websites, such websites will apply different terms to the collection and privacy of your personal data and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check before you submit your information to these websites.
All images are copyright Richard Harris of HCL Bank House
If we would like to use your previously collected personal data for different purposes than those we notified you about at the time of collection, we will provide you with notice and, where required by law, seek your consent, before using your personal data for a new or unrelated purpose. We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where required by applicable law or regulation.
Last updated: 30th January 2019